What is the class action claim?
Unilever allegedly violated the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”) by seeking to maximize its profits at the expense of the employees in the plan. Defendants allegedly loaded the Unicare Savings Plan with high-cost investment products charging employee participants millions of dollars per year in excess fees to boost its own profits at the expense of employee participants. The lawsuit seeks to recover the excessive fees charged to employee participants over the past 6 years and to obtain injunctive and other equitable relief for employee participants as a remedy for Unilever’s violations of ERISA.
Who can join this class action?
Any current or former employees of Unilever who also participated in the Unicare Savings Plan anytime during the past 6 years.
Is there any cost to me?
No. All plaintiff attorneys are litigating this case on a contingency fee basis.
What if I signed a severance agreement with a release of claims?
Severance agreements generally cannot prevent you from being part of a class action or a being a class representative in this type of case. Please contact us if you have more questions on your specific severance agreement.
How can I help &/or participate?
1. We are interested in reviewing documents you can download from the Unicare Savings Plan website:
- Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Annual Fee Disclosure
- Statements – Please feel free to redact any personal data
Please email to email@example.com or fax to 646-546-5755.
- Refer other current or former employees who were or are participants in the Unicare Savings Plan by sharing this page and or posting on social media (FB, LinkedIn).
- Join the case as a plaintiff Class Representative.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-546-5664 with any additional questions.